The fourth annual Austin Modern Home Tour will showcase sixteen architecturally progressive and contemporary homes throughout Austin and feature innovative local designers and architects who are pushing the boundaries within their respective fields on Saturday, February 5, 2011 from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
The Modern Home Tour was created by The GoodLife Team, co-produced with Launch787, and presented by The Art Institute of Austin to foster progressive, yet responsible design in the Austin area. “Austin has become known for growth and sophisticated change and we want to highlight projects and the people in the real estate industry who are propelling our city forward in urban design,” said Krisstina Wise, Principal, The GoodLife Team, http://www.GoodLifeTeam.com. Krisstina Wise has gained national attention speaking at conferences about the future of real estate, the change in consumer expectations due to the Internet and social media, and how real estate needs to adapt to meet customer expectations in the 21st Century.
The tour is a meeting place for Real Estate Professionals, Architects, and Developers to exchange ideas and opinions in order to further this Modern Movement, which focuses on evolution and improvement. Interior Designer that worked on Haskell Street (one of the homes on the tour), Robin Liles Callan, and owner of Room Fu, “I was so creatively inspired as a tour visitor last year, so I’m honored to be part of it this year. The house I’m styling proves that “affordable high design” doesn’t have to be an oxymoron. It’s filled with amazing examples of how to take budget-friendly building materials and use them in such a way that they are elevated to art form, and I’m taking that same approach with its decor.”
Homes on the Tour include:
· 6800 Caudill Ln., Austin, TX 78738*
· 6703 Vireo Cove, Austin, TX 78746
· 3903 Berryhill Way, Austin, TX 78731*
· 2307 W. 9th St., Austin, TX 78703
· 2604 Stratford Dr., Austin, TX 78746
· 413 Ridgewood, Austin, TX 78746
· 3314 Westhill Dr., Austin, TX 78704
· 2609 Oakhaven, Austin, TX 78704
· 900 W. Mary, Austin, TX 78704*
· 410 E. 6th St., Austin, TX 78701
· 1400 Holly St., Austin, TX 78702
· 1616 Haskell St., Austin, TX 78702
· 2309 E. 8th St., Austin, TX 78702
· 4301 Camacho, Austin, TX 78722
· 7308 Annette Cove, Austin, TX 78724*
· 5325 Sendero Hills Pkwy. Austin, TX 78724
For Austinites interested in attending while getting ideas for their own homes, tickets are $15 + $2 service fee in advance or $25 day of, at any of the properties or visit http://modernhometouraustin.com Participants are welcome to visit any or all of the homes, in any order they choose. Cocktail reception and architect panel at BoConcept, open to all ticket holders after the tour.
By Monica Pena
Austin Times Staff